2018년 2월 14일 수요일

Buffalo Chicken Bacon Bites


Image title
Buffalo Chicken Bacon Bites, these lightly spicy bites are just so full of flavor, I think calling them a bite is a little under calling the flavor explosion that they are! Full of flavor, they are filled with crisp tender celery, salty blue cheese, spicy sauce, and delicate chicken, wrapped in a crunchy roll and tied with a smoky slice of bacon. Can you say yum yum? Oh my! These rolls are outstanding in taste.   
I have recently become addicted to Buffalo Chicken Wings. I love that heat with the celery and blue cheese combined flavors. And I have been trying all sorts of ways of eating that combination: from poppers to bread, and an array of appetizers. Once I made these rolls, I was in appetizer heaven! The whole family gathered around and everyone talked about how good these rolls were! ( I may have even had to slap a few hands down that were reaching for a sample before they were cool enough!) We truly adore Rhodes Frozen Dough and it only gets better when I fill the dough with delicious fillings.
Image title
To begin, we need 20 Rhodes Bake N Serv Dinner Rolls. Place the frozen rolls on a plate sprayed with cooking spray and allow to thaw completely.
Image title
Then unwrap 5 mozzarella cheese sticks, and cut them into 4 pieces each. Put these aside.
Image title
Dice up 4 celery sticks, you will need about 1/3 cup of celery.
Image title
We also need about 3 cups of diced chicken. I liked the smaller pieces to allow all my filling to be about the same size. I precooked my chicken, allow to cool about 10 minutes, then dice.
Image title
In a medium sized bowl, place the chicken, the celery, and 1/4 cup each of hot wing sauce and blue cheese dressing.
Image title
Notice the scoop? I used a small scoop to keep the amount of filling even in each roll. This worked out perfectly and made just right sizes of filling in my rolls. It is about 2 tablespoons, and you could also use a tablespoon to fill the rolls as well.
Image title
To fill the rolls, spray a little cooking spray on your work surface. Then begin pulling the dough out to flatten it, you can also mush it down and press the edges out to make the roll about 3 inches across.
Image title
Use the scoop, and fill the roll, then take the mozzarella pieces and place one piece inside the roll.
Image title
Once filled, pull the edges up and over the filling, then wrap half a piece of bacon around the roll. You may have to stretch the bacon a bit. Then use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place. I also poked through the roll as well, to keep the edges sealed.
Image title
Place a sheet of parchment over a cookie sheet, then add your chicken bites to the sheet. Continue filling the sheet, until you have 12 on it, you will need a second sheet for the other 8 pieces.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and the bacon is crispy.
Image title
Serve the rolls hot, but if you can remove the toothpicks before serving.
Image title
Image title
Delicious!
Enjoy!
kris

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기